North Tonawanda Youth Board (NTYB)
- Provide feedback about current youth programs.
- Be a spokesperson and representative for the needs, wants, and opinions of your peers.
- Being an active member of the NTYB looks great on College and Professional Resumes
- TIme served counts towards community service hours required to graduation NTHS.**
- Plan, organize, and conduct youth programs and special events
- Provide supervision at selected youth programs and special events.
- Give back to your community in a positive way.
What types of programs are we involved in?
The Post Prom Event
Is one of the most noted and highly successful programs originated by the North Tonawanda Youth Board. For roughly 21 years the Board has worked with the Senior Class at North Tonawanda High School to offer youth attending the senior Prom a positive alternative on prom night. This event is organized, planned and conducted by members of the Youth Board, other volunteers, and staff aid from the Recreation Department. Through the generosity of many community groups and businesses, funds are contributed to pay for the food and entertainment for the event, which usually serves 200 students.
Student Government Day
Is another traditional program initiated by the Youth Board. This event is organized in conjunction with the Student Council at the High School. The program is designed to teach high school students the mechanics of running for public office and the operations of City government. Thirty students participate in the day long program that is held on the third Tuesday in March.
NT Fall Festival
A yearly program in October that features a great community and family event including basket raffles, table and vendor craft show, kids game zone with prizes, inflatable fun, and much more!
Easter Egg Hunt
The Youth Board is also involved with the City's Annual Easter Egg Hunt at Pinewoods Park. The Board assists with funding for this program along with providing volunteer supervision and assistance during the event.
NTYB High School Scholarship FundThe Youth Board offers scholarships to high school seniors based on grades and community involvement. To generate revenue for this fund, Youth Board members conduct a variety of fundraising events throughout the year including: St. Patrick's Day Party, Summer City-Wide Garage Sales, Sports Tournaments, and much more.